Have you downloaded the PulsePoint App? You can help us save a life!!PulsePoint is a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Through the use of location-aware mobile devices PulsePoint is building applications… ...
Winter Weather Advisory
Winter Weather Advisory issued March 7 at 3:30AM EST expiring March 8 at 10:00AM EST by NWS Indianapolis IN
* WHAT...Snow and possibly light freezing drizzle expected. Total
snow accumulations of up to two inches and ice accumulations of
a light glaze expected due to freezing drizzle. Ice will be
more likely late tonight into early Friday morning.
* WHERE...Portions of central, south central, southeast and west
* WHEN...From 4 PM this afternoon to 10 AM EST Friday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Plan on slippery road conditions. The
hazardous conditions could impact the Thursday evening and
Friday morning commutes.
Attention High School Seniors at Greenfield-Central, Eastern Hancock, Mt. Vernon, and New Palestine High Schools. The Hancock County Professional Firefighters have a scholarship available. Please see below application for more information. ...
High Wind Warning
High Wind Warning issued February 23 at 2:24PM EST expiring February 24 at 7:00PM EST by NWS Indianapolis IN
The National Weather Service in Indianapolis has issued a High
Wind Warning, which is in effect from 4 AM to 7 PM EST Sunday.
The High Wind Watch is no longer in effect.
* TIMING...Early Sunday morning through Sunday evening.
* WINDS...Brief periods with sustained westerly winds at 30 to 40
mph with gusts at 50 to 60 mph will be possible...especially
Sunday morning and early afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Downed tree limbs could cause blocked roads...power
lines and limited structure damage. Power outages will be
possible. Driving in high profile vehicles...especially on
north-south roads could become hazardous. Unsecured outdoor
objects will be blown around.
/// UPDATE (8:38 pm) \\\
County Highway is reporting that roads are snow covered and slick in some areas. They have a full crew out tonight and into the morning - Please use caution if you must travel
The strong winds are picking up and the temperatures are dropping! To those of you who have to be out, please be careful. County Highway and Street Depts have been pre-treating roads all day, but it will be icing soon.
- - Please do not call 911 to report your power being out - -
Call 911 for:
- A tree and/or limbs on a power line that are smoking
- A pole / transformer that has caught fire
- Lines down across a road
Call 317-477-4400 for:
- A road that is blocked by a tree
- Lines down in a yard
- Vehicle that slid off the roadway with no damage
If you need information on a warming shelter, or have a medical condition that requires you to have power -and- your power is out, please call our non-emergency number 477-4400.